Tuesday, April 29, 2008

birthday!

I've been so wrapped up in school and birthday celebrations, sometimes I feel like I have almost forgotten about Benin. There just isn't anyway to reconcile in my brain the differences between my life now, surrounded by friends and family with all the chaos of school and graduation coming up and the perfect weather we've been having, with where I will be in a little 2 months! I have looked up the other people going on my program, they all seem far more on top of things than I am with researching Benin and practicing French and making packing lists and befriending each other and such. Luckily I can learn it all from reading their blogs: It's strange to think that I don't know any of them yet, but in 2 months they will be my new family for the next 27 months. Good thing they seem so nice and have similar interests (hello to anyone reading this now going to Benin with me :) )
ok back to studying. meh

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Mariana -

This all sounds very exciting - overwhelming even! It looks like you will be using your French a lot - an added bonus.

Good luck with your final preparations, and safe travels - we'll be following your exploits closely

Love from Philip and Carole